Maintenance Technician Jobs
Join Our Team
At National Maintenance Services, we provide comprehensive maintenance solutions to customers in 26 states across the country. Instead of assigning multiple technicians to serve companies spread out over a wide geographical area, we embed our tier 1 technicians on-site at a single company’s facility.
This distinctive model offers many benefits to our clients as well as our employees. By getting to know the ins and outs of a single operation, our maintenance technicians gain a holistic understanding of their clients’ needs. They can identify which pieces of equipment need the most attention and what types of maintenance are the most important. By gaining intimate knowledge of the company’s various types of material handling equipment, technicians can also suggest and even implement valuable updates to their systems.
Our technicians gain a real sense of belonging and importance – and for good reason. Our unique embedded model allows technicians to take ownership over their maintenance strategies and tailor them to the operations at which they work. Unlike other maintenance technician jobs that are tethered to a van full of tools and materials, which is then tethered to a far-away dispatch center, our team members have their own shops, fully stocked with the supplies they need on a regular basis. If their shop is lacking a particular part or tool, they have access to discount parts programs that can deliver items quickly from conveniently located distribution centers.
Having autonomy over day-to-day maintenance tasks empowers our employees. It gives them the ability to make decisions and see the reward that comes with being proactive and engaged in their organization. Our technicians enjoy feeling like part of the NMS family while also being welcomed by the companies they report to every day. It’s for this reason that our technicians stick with us for the long haul.
The NMS name is becoming more recognizable as companies see the value in highly trained, embedded technicians assigned to their facilities. As our team grows, we’re always on the lookout for qualified candidates who want to join our team and help our clients protect the equipment that drives their successes.
Are you ready to take control of your career as a maintenance tech professional? Reach out to us today and we’ll contact you for a contract placement that suits your qualifications. We look forward to welcoming you to our team!
Why Work for NMS?
Our Employees Must Be Able To:
- Repair Forklifts, Lift Trucks, Scissor Lifts, Sweeper Scrubbers, Dock plates, doors etc
- Analyze and diagnose equipment problems and breakdowns
- Recommend the correct service and repair actions
- Safely operate power tools, lifts, hoists, hydraulic jacks.
- Perform Preventative Maintenance inspections and repairs; warranty procedures and other duties as assigned.
- Provide excellent 5-star customer service
- Assist other Technicians in repairs
- Comply with Safety and OSHA procedures
- Needs to move about a customer job-site to access equipment.
- Constantly operates machinery such as: Cordless drill; Hammer; Screwdrivers; and other like tools.
- May ascend and descend a ladder and other lift equipment to install, troubleshoot and repair customer equipment.
- Constantly positions self to install, troubleshoot and repair customer equipment.
- Must be able to detect, inspect and reasonably assess when installing, troubleshooting and repairing customer equipment.
- Frequently will move equipment and /or tools up to 50 pounds inside customer job-site and/or to/from a company vehicle
- Frequently communicates by phone, email, text or in person. Must be able to exchange accurate information.
- 3+ years of proven forklift equipment repair as well as a variety of other material handling equipment
- Winning attitude and great communication skills
- Proficient electronic, mechanical and hydraulic repair.
- Willing to learn new methods of working with others and on equipment
- Must be able to read codes, instructions, and electrical and hydraulic schematics.
- Electrical troubleshooting a must
- Must possess own tools, w/ necessary additional tools provided
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent preferred
- Must have valid drivers’ license and clean driving record (Department of Motor Vehicles)
- The selected candidate will be required to pass a criminal history background check
For More Information go to our Indeed Page where you will see detailed job listings with descriptions and qualifications.